Skip to main content

Reply to "Are College Camps Wort It?"

Zia2021 posted:

Depends on what kind of rep PBR has in your state, and which specific event even in a good state. In my state and surrounding states, PBR is good and has one “main” showcase event each year that draws the most scouts. They offer several other showcase options in our state but those other options are not well scouted at all. Those showcases will at least give you your measurables, but there may be less expensive options for those in your state.

My 2021 is doing a PBR showcase this year, but we didn’t do the big one in our state. Honestly, I wish he had waited until next year because he’s not ready to choose a school yet and therefore no point in spending money on trying to get noticed.

Keep in mind, because of the new rule changes you cannot make any visits with a prospective college team until September of your junior year. It would be extremely difficult to choose the right school and program for your college career until you have had the chance to meet the coaches and players. So you may want to save your money until next year and then do more events next summer since you will be able to start talking to programs and visiting after next summer. 

That last paragraph is correct legally but not correct completely.  You can still attend campus and watch practice, meet players, see coaches and have indirect conversations with them.  So there are ways around the rules if the coaches/you know how to use them.  They can be given a tour of facilities just not by coaches.  So you can do everything you used to do just in a different way.  It is done every week on almost every campus around the US.