Skip to main content

Reply to "Are keyboards creating high-school coach killers?"

coach2709 posted:

I'm an athletic director and I hear that voice the parents have and 99% of the time it's a waste of time.  

coach I like you and never have had a quarrel with you as far as i can remember and want to keep it that way but I must confess you are kind of hitting on a nerve here a little.  As a teacher and coach I can tell you that 99% of all things said in faculty meetings or even athletic department meetings is a total waste of time and hours of my life I will never get back.  You want nails on a chalk board?  Just listen to your average principal drone on in a faculty meeting.  Most teachers are screwing around in the back of the room like school kids.  We don't care!!!  Now that I am old and just sub I can not tell you how happy I am not to be in those meetings.  And maybe its a preconceived notion on both sides.  Maybe you go into that parent meeting with a bias.  I will openly admit I went into every faculty meeting with a bias.  Maybe I missed some good stuff cause I had determined long ago those meetings were a colossal waste of time.  Just food for thought.