Skip to main content

Reply to "Are summer camps too late for a 2021?"

So, if you look at https://www.perfectgame.org/Co...legeCommitments.aspx , you'll see the following data as of today:

Class of 2020 College Commitments - 4,740 now posted

Class of 2021 College Commitments - 1,269 now posted

Class of 2022 College Commitments - 415 now posted

This suggests (i.e., at least to me) that, for the 2021 class, roughly 3500 additional commitments will be posted/occur on PG by this time next year.   Given that that college teams are likely ramping up for their spring baseball seasons, and are probably not singularly focused on recruiting at the moment, I would also offer that a lot of work will be done by colleges this summer in filling out the 2021 class (i.e., bringing the current 1269 commits up to 4720 commits).   I think that the numbers offer an objective answer.  

So, I would suggest, on this basis, that the summer is not too late and will offer many opportunities to those who have what colleges are seeking.

I would still take the good advice of the other posters and reach out to coaches in advance of whatever showcase or camp you're attending.   That seems logical and is not very different than giving an employer a resume before a job interview.  I would also use this pocket of time to get bigger and stronger, study hard at school, and work on the SAT/ACT. 

Good luck to you and your son!!! 

I hope that his dream of playing college baseball comes to fruition!