Skip to main content

Reply to "Are they really interested?"

Thank you all for your replies,

The coach did include a office number, but no cell number. I do have a summer coach that would be willing to do that @barcdorslider. He is a former professional pitcher with strong ties to many of the schools in the region. That also crossed my mind (the sending these emails to every player). Although addressed to me, mentioning which showcase they saw me at specifically and the comment about my pitching in particular, I don't doubt the fact they most likely sent many of these out. They seem to have a lot of Juniors and Seniors on their roster and very few underclassmen that are pitchers. 

{Edit} Just saw your reply (must have been in the process of typing this when you replied). Unfortunately we don't have any of the PG events near where I am. I will be making a visit to a JUCO that invited me as previously stated in which he extended his hand in assisting me on what to ask and any questions I have while going through this recruiting process (stated that I was a talented young pitcher that has potential and he will help in any way he can) so perhaps I'll ask him some of this stuff too.

Would it be worth it to send a clip of my current pitching to them as well (in a non-forceful way) to gauge their interest before laying down the money for this camp? I was not at my best at this showcase and have much more in the tank and stuff to show. Especially in the case that I can't go (as I look at my wallet) would sending that video be a good idea to really see how interested they are? 

Last edited by LionRHP