Skip to main content

Reply to "Are we behind in our planning?"

cabbagedad posted:

There are tons of threads you can search here on this topic.  No, you are not behind.  The sophomore and freshman age kids that are signing are typically both very talented and somewhat early developers and they are committing D1.  On the grand scale, it is a very small minority. ( As a side note, I would be curious to hear where you are hanging out that you are seeing all these very young commits... Big high profile events?  Or are you just reading PG profiles or something?) 

You said yourself - at least at this time, he is probably not D1 material.  He just hit a growth spurt and will likely need some time for his body to adjust to that.  For the vast majority, the window is somewhere between junior year in HS and nearing graduation.  Some are still far from being physically matured even then.  If your son was clearly a high profile D1 prospect, you may be able to have some concern about timing.  Doesn't sound like that is the case.  Don't force something that will come on it's own time.  You may even know some of those committing and it might make you scratch your head and ask questions like this.  Don't drink the KoolAid.  Stick to what applies specifically to your son.  You're a baseball guy.  You'll know.

I should have been clear, I'm seeing the commitments from players in my tri-state area on social media. I see them commit and look up their  measurables and can't believe they get offers. Especially the kids who haven't played high school baseball yet.  thanks for your feedback.