Skip to main content

Reply to "Are we behind in our planning?"

There is plenty of time. Stay focused on 2 things. 1. Getting stronger and faster. Be athletic. 

2. Where does he want to go. Be realistic and visit some schools. Not necessarily baseball, just figure out what he likes. Big school, big city? Degrees available? Close to home or distance doesn’t matter? Finances and costs?  In state vs out of state?  Girlfriend?(can be a big factor whether they admit it or not)

When you answer some of these questions, then the search is much easier. 

Some say cast a “wide net” which is fine I guess, but we chose a little more focused approach and it was not a bad process. 

The best example I could give is that we are obviously Auburn fans. It would have been my sons dream school. But in reality the cost for out of state vs in state in GA with the Hope scholarship just made no sense. Realistically, I think if we pursued it hard, he might could have gotten a walk on. Maybe played at some point, maybe not but would have certainly ended up with substantial student loan debt.  We focused on in state schools only due to that. We looked around and narrowed that list, luckily through some baseball friends, we were able to arrange a meeting with the coaches and got an offer . 

Figure out where he wants to go and what makes sense. don’t just  wander around paying for tournaments and showcases chasing offers. You have time but it is time to get started  

Last edited by wareagle