Skip to main content

Reply to "Are weak hips a real thing?"

I would take a look at normal body development in male youths.  Im really busy at work today or I would google it for you.  If I remember right from my college days (long gone and Im in IT so it doesn't apply to my profession) there is a lot of development that happens in a child's legs and knees at particular points in their development.  At some point kids go through phases where they become knocked kneed and then then grow out of it.  I believe its from lengthening and stretching of the ligaments around the joints in the body.  I am not sure how the hips are affected by this but it could just be a natural part of your child's body development.  Thats part of the reasons for the no weight lifting until after puberty thing.  Its to avoid damaging areas of the body that are going through their natural development.

BTW, as I said I work in IT and have no real medical knowledge other then the few classes I took in college related to sports and body development (in other words, the blow off, guaranteed 4.0 classes the athletes took to keep themselves eligible).  I could be way off base on this...