Skip to main content

Reply to "Are you having Fits ?"

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Paw Mom:
I am not understanding why you would be perplexed regarding some aspects of the process.
We have stated over and over, the amount of letters, the amount of calls, it's exciting, but nothing means anything until the offer.

I guess when someone new to the process asks questions about letters and calls, then the advice given should be what, toss em away ? Thats a mixed signal, isn't it?

The Junior who gets a letter should be advised to email or call saying this:

Where did you see me coach ?
What did you like about my play?

Then I would tell the coach that I will do my research into the school and baseball program, maybe ask for a junior day visit if he is interested in me attending, get a tour, develop a relationship with him, and keep it going.

Each case is unique. Parents with players in college ball who have already expended their energy should not post ill-advice that is based on their own experience as being Gospel!

As the Mom of a recruit, talking of the end-all offer as the only thing that has meaning eliminates the entire journey, good or bad. ANYONE WHO "KNOWS IT ALL" should be on a beach living the high life, not on the HSBBW.
Last edited by FutureBack.Mom