Skip to main content

Reply to "Are you "THAT PARENT"!??"

Some good stuff here. 

Just to clarify, I think watching practice is fine. But not from inside the fence on the field, IN the dugout, attempting to be in the coachs' ear.  Some may no agree, but I've never even heard of a high school around where I live that bans parents from any practice.  Seemed kind of odd to me when someone mentioned it.

FOXDAD, great post. Here's another video that was related which was also good....

https://youtu.be/JOdfG2XG4rU

Anyway, this post wasn't meant to bring anyone to the boiling point. It's an observation on how some parents interfere with their son's baseball. An onfield presence is just one way that occurs. Tearing them down after a practice in front of the other players is another. Careful what you do to your boy's psyche. I work in the school system and know most of the boys my son has played with along with every other athlete in the school. They always want to talk sports because they know my son is a multi sport athlete, and many conversations have revealed that they wish their parents would back off on the field, and wish their parents didn't even go; similar to what was expressed by players in another thread.  If you're not "that parent" then please disregard. This is a post created in the hopes of making baseball season a little more tolerable for the players. Honestly, some players endure quite a bit from micromanaging parents. They deserve a little more respect for all they do. Especially if they are juggling a full class schedule with upper level classes, getting good grades, trying to work out and be amazing on the field, trying to  get into college/get recruited and all that entails, and sometimes are hormonal, hot, sweaty,  and very hungry for longer than they care to endure, and being critiqued every minute of every day. And if they still mange to be a nice person after all that, pats on the back, that's probably what they need more of.  IMHO.