Skip to main content

Reply to "Area Code Invite"

MidAtlanticDad posted:
CTbballDad posted:
Consultant posted:

CTDAD;

Was it the NY Yankees AC team? The tryouts were June 10-11-12-13th on the East Coast. Your only expense was travel.

Bob

Yes, but the one most local was on a Tuesday.  I guess I could have gone to the Sunday date, but the email/website was not impressive looking, and not knowing what it was, I didn't give it much thought.  Plus, I'm a Braves fan

Unfortunately, your son missed out on one of the best opportunities available to any high school baseball player who wants to play college or professional baseball. The Area Code MLB teams conduct the tryouts at no charge to the players, or to the hundreds of college coaches who attend. The website isn't great, but it's really only there as a courtesy to the participants. This is not a slick operation. It's just a bunch of MLB scouts finding the best players in their regions and putting them on the field. Lesson learned... ask questions on this forum. Many people here would have implored you to make sure your son attended.

Darn, wish I asked.  Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll stop kicking myself in the a$$ soon enough.