Skip to main content

Reply to "Area Code Tryouts at Bentley College this Weekend"

I agree. My son was honored to be there and happy to get in front of College scouts. He felt bad for kids that had traveled far, said he would of been mad if he traveled far because of of little time they got to field and hit. He did really well on the 60... They held him over there till the end but he didnt end up rerunning. But he was scratching his head trying to figure out how they picked the kids they did. Overall great experince for any player,

Originally Posted by 9and7dad:

Bob, 

i think I have read every area code related thread on this site through the search function, so I was pretty well prepared going into this as far as what to expect.  No I am not a pro scout and cannot see talent through their eyes, but without going into detail it would be safe to assume my son has had meaningful time with multiple pro scouts over the past couple of years.  My amateur observation was that as the day wore on, the drills and number of reps got shorter, especially for the hitters.  Perhaps the reputations of players preceeded them and that was sufficient.  I would estimate that there were somewhere in the range of 120 to 125 kids there, which strikes me as a lot to look at in one day.  For the Record, I in no way feel my son was short changed at all, I was very pleased with his opportunity and performance, and I have not talked to anyone who felt cheated.  I was simply asked my opinion on the day and gave the most honest answer I could. Perhaps I didnt articulate it carefully or put quite enough thought into it.  It was an honor just to be invited, and a memory my son will likely have his entire life.