Skip to main content

Reply to "Arguing balls and strikes"

quote:
I believe that getting ejected for a purpose helps the team. That's just my contention because my coaches have done it and it worked for us. And I'm perfectly willing to do it. But as the Coach of a Christian school, I'm not sure how the administration would like that. .

I guess I never understood that thought either as a player or an umpire......you will turn over your team to a (usually) lesser qualified assisitant, thereby leaving your team without guidance for the rest of the game and most probably the next game.......and under many individual HS's rules get some fine or sanction from your administration....

how does that help your team? Dont get me wrong, Im all for standing up for your guys...and as an umpire, I will give you your due....but light a fire under your guys in practice or the dugout....

if I suspect you are coming out to put on a show for your fans or players...you wont get the big arguement or the big heave ho.......you will get a quiet professional request to pack your stuff and go to the parking lot....leaving everyone wondering what YOU did to get ejected.....

Just my .02...
Last edited by piaa_ump