Skip to main content

Reply to "Arizona Fall Junior Classic 2016"

Gov posted:
smokeminside posted:

There's likely some truth to the D1 jr classic/D3 sr. classic distinction.  However, my 2017 got some mid-major D1 interest coming out of this year's sr. classic, and several D3s got in touch with him as well, both at the event and by email a few days later.

Gov, how did the skills video work?  We didn't submit any for the tryout; wondering if it might have been useful to get selected for the actual game.

It was an item asked for on the application.  We figured we'd include the video to increase the odds of being selected.  I'm not sure if it influenced his selection for the game or not... I guess it could have put him on the radar...

At the tryout he performed well and it's a small pond in a way - kids with a 3.7 that can play.

Minor note: the game was pitching dominated, only a few kids hitting, and the same 2-3 kept hitting.  My son had 2k's & F3, so his bat was off at the game, which was a bummer because it was in front of maybe 8 of his target schools.  

Next...

Just submitted my son's application for the 2019's AZ Fall Classic Junior All Academic game in October 2017, but they did not ask for a video link on the application, just the GPA or SAT/ACT Scores, High School, email for school counselor...and not surprisingly my credit card number :-( . Just as an FWIW, video was not asked for.

Last edited by SanDiegoRealist