Skip to main content

Reply to "Arizona Senior Fall Classic for Sophomore"

Agree with previous posts but going to highlight the "go off" comment made by CBRG. A good performance made by a HS soph catcher is probably not going to be enough for anyone to notice but a "go off" performance along with some measurables could get you on someones radar. If, upon honest evaluation, this is a possibility, then I would send him. If finances are not an issue and he just wants to go out, compete, and see where he stands against some older competition, then I would also send him.

My son attended an event at a P5 program that was definitely a reach based on where he was at the time. However, he was encouraged to do so by someone we trusted in terms of evaluating, had some measurables (velo and athletic), and was really excited to compete against some talented players. Then he had a "go off" outing at the event and it started the ball rolling which concluded with an opportunity that may have never existed without reaching for something that others would have said was above/beyond his capabilities.

Best of luck to your son!