Skip to main content

Reply to "Arm Action is King"

quote:
Originally posted by thepainguy:
quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
What is you background to make these statements that you do such as "my problem" and you are talking about very successful MLB pitchers

I have spent the last 2 years reading all of the research behind pitching mechanics, kinesiology, physiology, and injuries. I have about 5 feet of articles, when stacked on end. I have also spent a lot of time comparing 2 groups of pitchers...

1. Those who had long, relatively-injury free careers.
2. Those who had injury-plagued careers.

...looking for differences (mechanical and otherwise) between those two groups.

While my work is still unfinished and controversial, I have been complimented on it and urged to continue this project by...

1. Former professional baseball players (just got an e-mail yesterday).
2. D1 and other coaches.
3. Orthopedic surgeons.
4. Writers like Will Carroll.

Also, a regional cross-checker for a pro team also thinks I may be on to something and has asked me to cross-check all of the pitchers that he sees and evaluate their mechanics. He has also talked to me about doing a presentation to his entire scouting organization in January.

A regional crosschecker has a huge area and will write up about 150 pitchers before the draft. He will also be on the road 6 out of every seven days and his expenses will run about $3500 per week. To see all of the pitchers he has crosschecked, you will need to have a lot of free time and a nice bank account. The upside is that you can get the air miles and the Marriott points. Roll Eyes
Last edited by bbscout