Skip to main content

Reply to "Arm Action is King"

quote:
Originally posted by thepainguy:Yes.

As I have said multiple times elsewhere, while in some cases (e.g. probably Dontrelle Willis but I don't have any video of him) the elbow does indeed drop before the external rotation occurs, in other cases it does not. Instead, it stays elevated as the external rotation begins. Here are two examples...
Reyes' elbow actually does drop between frames 38 and 39. Wainwright? Maybe a little high, but for how long? Now we're down to your theory being for just those specific ones who actually do have the elbow that high during any serious motion of the humerus. How many of those are there? Not all of the ones you've been showing in stills over the past couple of years.

Actually, my question was really if the ortho you quoted has been made aware of the fact that the elbow actually drops before the real motion begins.

As you know, I happen to agree with you that the M just might be more stressful on the tissues involved because of the distance the external rotation happens over in a very short period of time. I have no proof but that's a potential thought for discussion. I just have problems with your claims of the M being so problematic simply because of the fact that, at one instant in the motion, the elbow is up there. Your language has been such that this one thing is the problem. This is probably only the second time I've seen you agree with what I've been saying for so long about this position only not being the problem because the elbow drops.