Skip to main content

Reply to "Arm Conditioning/ Velocity Program"

I starting researching this many years ago when my son started to pitch. I purchased Dr Bagonzi book probably 14 years  ago (one of the first to do weighted ball studies, he got his PhD on the subject) well before Wolforth developed his current program and have followed Wolforth and Kyle's programs from afar. Fast forward, my son's college program historically has the best pitching staffs in D3 baseball, in part because they are on the leading edge of these types of programs. (don't get me wrong they have a great pitching coach also)

I will add this to the conversation. I have always looked at how sprinters have developed, as for me at least, they have a similar problem. How to get faster and more powerful, without injury. Sprinting development is one of the most finely studied of all athletic activities and has a very long history. Their lifting and speed development is an area I think parallels throwing a baseball. Guess what? They have been doing explosive lifting and under/over weight training for 30+  years. It does not surprise me one bit that baseball throwing is starting to look very similar to sprint training. 

Last edited by BOF