Skip to main content

Reply to "Arm Conditioning/ Velocity Program"

Steve A. posted:
2019&21 Dad posted:
Steve A. posted:
Rob T posted:

So, you're saying you can throw the heavy object - just not the way a baseball is traditionally pitched?

By the way, the Earth is flat.  I've seen the pictures.

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying! Javelin, shot put, football, temper tantrum etc. etc.

BTW: I want to congratulate myself for a new first: I have now officially been criticized for having "no opinion." Now that I think on it, this may not be a first. "No Oinion Criticism" may have come up in a discussion about curtain colors with Mrs. Steve A.....

The point is you HAVE expressed an opinion without enough knowledge or facts to back it up. That is the problem that limits exploration, learning, and progress. I'm not an expert either, but I have an open mind. 

You have no idea of the level of research & study I have done on the topic (heavy baseballs, not light!). I don't think any would appreciate my attempt to write a novel on it here. I have laid out sound, well thought out arguments against the use of heavy baseballs. I have also admitted their possible benefit balanced vs the obvious potential dangers. If you took the time to actually read what I have written, you would see for yourself.

I am personally against their use. This does not mean I have it all figured out or am a super guru like some here proclaim. But I do have common sense & first hand experience with several severe injuries I feel strongly are associated with their improper use. The fact of the matter is that "The vast majority of MLB teams have said no." This is a FACT & should give anyone considering their use, particularly with youth players, pause. 

My advice is to stay away but if you decide to use them, proceed with extreme caution. I suppose if this places me in the "Flat Earth" group then so be it.

I have read enough of what you have written. Good day.