Skip to main content

Reply to "Army/Navy/Air Force baseball programs"

Bulldog19,

Any of the academies would be an excellent choice. As mentioned, Army's program, coaches, and facilities are outstanding. Coach Sottolano has established the baseball program at Army at a very high level. Army will probably be competeing year in and year out in the post season NCAA tournament.

Navy's program has been down for quite a few years. They have a new coach from Maine this year, and it will be very interesting to see how their program unfolds over the next few years. I think it is safe to say that it will take a couple years of solid recruiting/rebuilding for Navy to become competitive again, but they are deinitely putting the financial resources into the program. Look for Navy to start to come on strong when Coach Kostacopoulos' recruiting begins to manifest.

Air Force has also struggled in recent years. I'm not really sure what the source of their problem is, but they play against pretty strong competition in the Mountain West Conference with TCU, UNLV, New Mexico, San Diego State, BYU, and Utah. Air Force is hoping that this will be a break out year after several years of rebuilding.

Any of the Service Academies would be outstanding choices academically as well as athletically. If you have not yet done so, you should make contact with the various coaches to let them know of your interest. The Service academies operate under slightly different rules because of the longer application process (i.e needing congressional nominations, etc.). Consequently, the coaches are able to call you during your Junior year (which is now if you are an '07)

Of the three programs, Army is definitely the strongest at the present time. My son is also an '07 with Army as his #1 school. We are pretty familiar with the process so feel free to PM me if you have other specific questions.

GO ARMY! BEAT EVERYBODY!