Skip to main content

Reply to "Article from ABCA Convention Concerning Proposed Changes"

The early commitments are out of hand for sure.  I think it would be an interesting study to track a school's recruits from initial commitment to campus.  I wonder the percentage that make it to campus and then on the roster?   My guess there are a few that de-commit, drafted/sign, or have commitment revoked due to grades, or performance prior to signing but not that many.  Whether they make it on the roster once on campus, that is a different story.  It looks like there are only a few schools that are committing players prior to playing a high school game.. i  see  three  schools account for 30% of all the 2022s that are currently committed (22 of the 72). They obviously know how to handle large recruiting classes and are very competitive programs. So its not hard to understand why young players want to play for these programs.  I can understand why big programs want to secure a "stud" or two early, but it does seem excessive to commit to half of their recruiting class so early.  Want to slow the process down?  probably a good place to start.