Skip to main content

Reply to "Asking coaches their level of interest?"

Update: The original email sent to my son was not forwarded to mom (something I’ve asked him to do so we can help him stay on top of all the communication). In it the coach states that he has done research on my son’s academic situation and knows he will be a great fit for the school (something like that). He also said he sees son being a difference maker for the team and roster right away, should he attend.  Obviously not a guarantee.

So I feel better but am still going to have son check in regarding the admissions situation this week. Last night all he would do was growl at me, after taking a 3.5 hour practice ACT followed by a study session. Then homework. Today he gets to tell his HS coach about the games he’ll miss for the Arizona Fall Classic and the overnight college visits, something that typically doesn’t go over well.

Senior year will be crazy busy. But I know I’ll prefer it to sitting in his empty room, smelling his T-shirts, next year.

Thank you for all the input. I’m pulling quotes directly from here to help him with coach communication.