Skip to main content

Reply to "Asking coaches their level of interest?"

Thinking back on our experience, son's travel coach was also recruiting coordinator and batting coach at a D1 program (and is now head coach at that program) and he also told us that the HA D3 coach's offer of an overnight visit was to be interpreted as an offer was coming.  

Son had gone to overnight visit at his top choice, received his "offer" - apply ED and we'll push through admissions - and he received another invite for an overnight visit after pre-read of transcripts to a much higher level academic school in New England very late in the game (which he did not end up visiting).  I discussed with the travel coach because I thought there was no way son would be able to get in and he said they would not be inviting for an overnight if they A. weren't prepared to make an offer and B. thought they'd be able to get him admitted.  

That was just our experience and the advice we received.  Every case could be different.  There was no expectation of son committing to apply ED right there at his visit (at the school he selected).  If I had to do it over again I think I'd have son go to a few more overnights just to see what other schools/programs were like for comparison purposes.