Skip to main content

Reply to "Asking for home visit immediately"

quote:
Originally posted by dennisr400:
Last week I attended a recruiting reality seminar at sons high school. The guru said upon receiving first phone call in summer we should immediately ask for home visit and inquire if an official visit was going to be offered. He said this was best way to gauge interest level.
Does anyone agree with this or is is too soon to be so direct? Thanks

dennisr400, We went through a long and thorough recruiting process with my youngest son. The literature started showing up when his Junior year started and there was a lot of it. After the calls started in July following his Junior year we talked with the coaches, but never once invited them to visit us or asked for a visit for our son. We had 4 coaches visit us and the reason was that my son had a strong interest in the schools and the coaches figured that out. He accepted his 5 visits by the end of August and ended up taking only three of them.

I think that asking a coach to visit or asking him for a visit is pushy and rude. If they ask, they are showing that they have strong interest in your son.

There is not a baseball player in the country who recieved 100 letters from a D1 by his Soph year. That statement is nonsense. I don't care if he is a football or basketball guy, when he says things like that to unsuspecting parents, he should have his rear end kicked. As far as dreaming, my son's dream was to go to school at UCLA and his dream came true, so the guru is wrong again.
Last edited {1}