Skip to main content

Reply to "Asst Coaches and Volunteer Asst Coaches - How Much Influence"

I would never say that every PG event is equal or high profile.  High profile events are loaded with high profile players.  That doesn't mean lower profile events are not worthwhile.  

Showcases are all about results.  Results are all about talent for the most part.  However, decision makers need to know about the talent at an event even if they weren't there to see it first hand.  Then they must trust the people providing the information.

We are currently looking at the College World Series Championship games, Florida and LSU.  We see the head coaches and recruiting coordinator at some events.  So far we have researched Florida,s 29 man WS roster.  Anyone can do it if they want to take the time.  Anyway of the 29 players on  the Florida WS roster... 29 (100%) played in PG events.  Even more amazing is those 29 players attended 451 PG events or an average of 15.6 events each.

We are working on LSU now, but I'm sure their roster will be somewhat the same.  That along with the draft is about results and high profile.  There can't be a high profile event without high profile players.  Once again, that doesn't mean high profile events are the only thing worthwhile.

So maybe my definition of high profile could be much different than someone else.  

Bottomline... The idea is to be identified and recognized by people that are extremely trusted by decision makers, MLB scouting departments, College recruiters, etc.  doesn't necessarily have to be a high profile event, if you are a potential high profile talent.