Skip to main content

Reply to "Astros from National League to American league..."

quote:
Originally posted by AntzDad:

"The National League should add the DH, or the American League should get rid of the DH."

With you on that one, AntzDad. And not reconciling the rules after realignment will be more noticeable, because with six divisions of 5 teams, necessarily there will be interleague games going on all year.

As my handle implies, I have a bit of a soft spot for the DH. I'm pretty sure Edgar would have stayed a few more years at 3B and then moved to 1B, and still been one helluva player, but the thought that I might not have been able to see a player with that sweet a swing (M's always had a sweet swing from both sides: from the left, first Griffey and then Olerud, and from the right, there was always Edgar) makes me sad. I appreciate the increased strategy of the NL game, but don't particularly enjoy watching pitchers hit or sacrifice. And...most importantly, the DH has been around now for almost 40 years, and pretty much every level of amateur and professional baseball except the National League uses the rule. I don't think it is going anywhere....