Skip to main content

Reply to "Astros from National League to American league..."

quote:
Originally posted by twotex:
I'm a long time Astros fan, and I'm unhappy with the change. Lot of good memories during the Biggio/Bagwell years. It may not have been Yankees/Sox level of rivalries, but games against the Cards, and some years the Braves, had special significance. And I'll never forget attending the World Series at Minute Maid.

The fact that the new owner gets a price reduction indicates that it is not great for the franchise. It is a disappointing ending to the Drayton McLean ownership era.

As a life-long Cardinals fan, I, too enjoyed the rivalry with the Astros. The "killer bees" were awesome. Biggio, Bagwell, Bell, Berkman, Beltran and even Sean Berry were at one time members of that group. Biggio is one of my all-time favorite players. He played the game the right way.
And I love that we now have Berkman. That guy can hit! He looks like he's half asleep up there, but he just squares it up and whacks it.

I'm hopeful that Jimmy Crane will be able to turn the thing around and please the Astros fans. I played softball with him in the years after our college careers were over. He had an absolute cannon. As you may have read, Crane was a very good pitcher at Central Missouri State, and if not for injury, may have played professionally.

He is a pretty aggressive guy who enjoys life, but I know him also to be a very generous person. He cares what people think of him, and he is a baseball traditionalist.

Good Luck to the 'Stros!