Skip to main content

Reply to "At what age should daddy ball stop?"

I wish I had more dads in my community like you guys. If I did I would have players coming into HS that knew was a primary lead was and a secondary lead. The dads that know the game that take the time to coach these young have no idea how much they are helping these players. Too many times kids get taught the wrong way to do things by some guy who could careless. Dads that know the game and take a vested interest in making sure that the kids are taught properly help way more than the once in awhile daddyball nutcase scenario. RZ that was a great post. You should continue to do what you love and why the hell not? There are a ton of baseball guys that just happen to have sons that can out coach alot of HS baseball coaches. Some of the best coaches I know are guys that played in HS maybe some college or pro ball and just want to share the knowledge they have. Here is what I believe. When you have a dad coaching at the youth level and he has a son on the team. If this dad knows the game he is going to make sure that the players are taught properly because he darn sure wants his kid to be taught properly. If your son gets the benefit of getting taught properly because of this what is wrong with that? Would you rather have some clown come coach the team that does not have a son on the team just for the sake of him not having a son on the team? Dads are the backbone of any strong rec or travel baseball program at the youth level. And sometimes in the summer or fall at the HS level. The areas of our state that are strong in baseball all have this in common. I honestly get tired of hearing daddyball. If your sick of daddyball then you coach a team and teach them the proper way to play the game. And then you deal with the issues of everyone saying the only reason your son plays is because your the coach. How many parents of the kids playing all the time complain of daddyball? Who cares if the coaches son at 11 years old is playing SS or pitching or hitting in the 3 hole. Does it really matter as long as your son is learning the game the right way and having fun? Or are you making it miserable for him by you constantly complaining and changing teams. Be carefull because those little guys will start being the ones complaining and finding the same excuses that you are leaving on the floor for them to pick up.