Skip to main content

Reply to "At what age to get a personal coach?"

Don't want to add to that growing box slugger...  my philosophy is they pick one or two things they want to do and we allocate funds accordingly.  So for example if one of the kids wanted to give up a sport and go full fledged into playing the violin then yes we would support that.  But life is full of choices you can't have it all. Can't support both.   We have had our kids stay at school late or come early to get help from a teacher - thats what they get paid for so no algebra tutors for us.  My son actually prefers to take instruction from me.  But if he were to come to me and say he wanted to play on a much less expensive team and take lessons with the extra money...  I would advise him against it but not sure what I would ultimately do.  If he said he wanted to play on a cheaper team and workout with his strength and fitness guy - a cressey disciple who I really respect I would be much more inclined to say yes.  Bottom line there are so many dollars to allocate.  Sports instructors are probably the least valuable investment in my opinion.