Skip to main content

Reply to "Attend a HF Camp Before Taking SAT/ACT?"

compare posted:

I think all high academic kids should take the SAT very early, and a 4.1 GPA qualifies as that. I had all three of my student athletes take the SAT as freshman. The recruiting process is as much an elimination process as a selection process. If your 4.1 gets an equivalent SAT than you can eliminate many schools that are academically below his ability. Also the more you take the SAT the more comfortable you are with the test. There is no downside as if the scores are not what you like you don't have to share them. 

100% agree with every word Compare posted.  If your son is truly going to get the value that HF provides, then putting his best academic foot forward at the right time can separate him from others in a very competitive high academic recruiting environment.  In addition, the SAT and ACT scores are academic separators for many HF schools.  Some of these schools are incredibly selective with single digit acceptance rates.   If your son knows his SAT/ACT numbers in advance, he'll  then know where to best focus his efforts and your money....last time I checked HF wasn't cheap.   Let me put it to you this way....If I didn't think my son had the necessary SAT/ACT scores, I never would have sprung for the HF fee.   JMO.

Last edited by fenwaysouth