Skip to main content

Reply to "Attending An Out Of State School"

I would disagree Francis.  That is just small schools or northern schools.  My son practices or scrimmages every weekend during the fall so no one goes home unless you live in town.

The Southern States have a thing called Southeastern Consortium that is huge.  They agree to offset each other with majors that are not offered at a public school in their state to another state and you get instate tuition.  Still not able to get instate scholarships but you can get instate tuition.  If you look at Coastal Carolina, a huge number of their baseball players major in Marine Biology if they are out of state.  Then change their major their senior year and have to pay out of state but only for one year.

My son and probably most of the out of state guys at Tennessee are a part of it.  They change the names just a little so it is something no one else has and can use it.  My son is a Business Major but they added Governmental Environments or something like that to it so he gets instate tuition.

My son who coaches college softball at a juco also practices on fridays and saturdays all fall.  They have some who drive home after saturday but they workout again on Sunday evening so only a short break.