Skip to main content

Reply to "Attending first showcase-what to do?"

Bee>,
Don't know where your sarcasm is coming from.

You know what I mean, pitcher has to be himself, relaxed and not throw harder (when he is not used to it) because the gun is pointed at him.

If you notice this was the posters FIRST
showcase and asked about what to do. It was my opinion, you don't like it, that's ok, so then state your own reasons why they should pitch to the gun. The first showcase should be a measure of where the player stands within his class, seeing for himself (and parents) what improvements need to be made. For a pitcher it shouldn't be, throw your hardest so you can be a 90+ invite to the next showcase. Because then you get there and your son struggles with it while others are pitching with the greatest of ease. Now your son is going to be ranked among those players.
I hope that you understand my point. Which is, begin a good development program while the player is young, which includes all phases of becoming a good pitcher.

Observer,
The velocity is irrevelant if there's nothing else to go along with it.
Something my son was taught a long time ago, your next pitch could be your last pitch.
Coach's have different philososphies, some are willing to develop, some just want others to be able to get the job done (we have had this discussion before). At that point it becomes the recruits choice.
If the player is ranked a D1, D2, D3 player, he can work on what he needs to to improve to get to where he FITS in, not where he or his folks THINK HE SHOULD fit in.

Bags,
Good luck to son. I am sure that your son learned alot about himself this weekend, mine did too after his first showcse.
Last edited by TPM