Skip to main content

Reply to "Auburn Baseball"

quote:
Auburn has a good fan base that would be great with a better team so what is their problem?

I wasn't aware that Auburn had a "problem". Just because a team doesn't have a national championship ring in baseball doesn't constitute a problem in my opinion. I can tell you from personal experience that the baseball program and the educational experience at Auburn University is top drawer.

Academically ---Auburn has traditionally been rated highly by academic ranking services, and has been listed as one of the top 50 public universities for 15 consecutive years. The 2009 edition of U.S. News and World Reports ranks Auburn as the 88th university in the nation among public and private schools and 39th among public universities. Auburn was the only college or university in Alabama included in the inaugural edition (1981) of the widely respected Peterson's Guides to America's 296 Most Competitive Colleges.
Auburn is a charter member of the Southeastern Conference (SEC), which is currently composed of 11 of the largest Southern public universities in the US and one private university, Vanderbilt. Among the other 10 peer public universities, two are ranked ahead of Auburn by U.S. News & World Report. This high ranking and reputation for academic quality is in spite of the fact that Auburn's $378.6 million endowment is currently the second smallest of the 12 SEC universities. An attempt to increase the endowment by $500 million began in 2005 with the "It Begins at Auburn" campaign. As of August 2006, the campaign had raised $523 million, making it the largest campaign in university history.
The university currently consists of thirteen schools and colleges. Programs in architecture, pharmacy, veterinary science, engineering, forestry,and business have been ranked among the best in the country.