Skip to main content

Reply to "Avatar Bets - round 2-"

CD-
I appreciate the interest! My parents ask me the same questions (daily). I would be happy to give you another perspective. Wink

1) The fall practices were basically the same as last fall. I think the formula is the same everywhere, week of drills and setting up defenses and plays, then the intrasquads start. For me, same routine, new scenery.

2) Unsure of my role as of right now, looking to start but will be happy to pitch in whatever role needed, and with only 9-10 pitchers on the staff, I'm sure i'll need to.

3) I'm assuming by summer you're referring to pre-college, because I faced D-1 hitters last spring too. Now, if you mean this past summer (collegiate wood bat league) preparing me for SEC hitters, all I can say is that I hope it got me better! Smile Facing college hitters with wood is a lot easier than when they are holding Metal!

4) I'm sure anyone who lives in East TN/ Western Carolina will agree with me when I say that the scenery is some of the best in the country. It makes walking to class a lot more bearable! Also, Tennessee is bigger in name only than USF.
UT= about 22,000 students USF= 42,000 (bigger campus as well).

5) I love the support of the baseball team up here (See Bizazz and HiawasseeVol) Cool . The people are great and I can't wait to start the year and play against some great players. I would recommend college to any high schooler on the brink.

All in all, I'm sure my fall ball experience is similar to a lot of guys, except with different colors and classes! I will say that I feel like a freshman again! Roll Eyes

Also, that first day of wind chill at 11 degrees was a bit of a surprise. (Never been anywhere lower than about 35, Eek lol).

BTW, hows CC doing?