Skip to main content

Reply to "Average 60 yard times by age"

KidRock posted:

I informally timed my 12u CF (2022) with an 8.0.  He was 3rd in road runner in Cooperstown. I know he is fast, but we'll see what translates down the road. He is always the smallest kid on his travel teams, but always the most athletic as well. Right now he is probably 4'11 and 80lbs!  Neat thing is that he is starting to hit with alley power. Repeatedly seen him make plays in CF  unlike any other (really trying to be objective - his coach has said the same thing). Unfortunately, his 5"11 dad only hit his major growth spurt at 16...

The unfortunate thing is that we are going to have to make decisions about high school soon as his small private school that he loves has a very poor program.  Curious if people think summer travel and showcases, along with private coaching, will be enough for the right exposure.

kidrock, Welcome to the site... that is a great question that is worth posting as a new topic (as to not divert too much from this one).  You can also search past threads on the topic.

In short, yes, you can get the necessary experience and exposure from summer travel if that is the path you choose and choice of HS should not have "strength of baseball program" as a line item that weighs too heavily in the selection process.