Skip to main content

Reply to "Average 60 yard times by age"

Concur with above comments; spend time finding out about the local regional club teams.

Go to the PG website and look up the teams attending past or upcoming tournaments, and find out which teams or programs are nearby.     Who are the coaches?  Go to some games?  Contact their program and go watch their off season workouts.  When you're at the games or practices, talk to the parents: tons of information about do's and don'ts, and who are good hitting and fielding instructors.  Get focused on skill development.  

I've always hired previous D1 SS's to teach my boys the necessary position footwork and glove work.  It's cheaper and more fun for the boys.  These former college players I hired still love the game and they're normally very interested in helping young players with athleticism, desire, and a dream, like they once had.  

Repetition using the correct techniques at a young age really helps; building blocks.  Develop, fun, develop, fun, age appropriate coaches, and programs that are focused on developing will help your son immensely.  And find a way to keep your son in multiple sports through 9-10th grade, it helps with keeping it fun, developing an athlete, cross training, and being with their other friends etc....

We were 3 sports thru 9th, 2 thru 10th, then he knew he wanted to focus on baseball.

Good luck

Last edited by Gov