Skip to main content

Reply to "Axe Bat feedback"

Sorry to report a bad experience with Axe BBCOR. Son had hook of hamate surgery last summer. Felt pretty good during the fall, then his wrist started hurting in January when ramping up for the season. I thought the Axe bat might help, so I ordered him a HyperWhip Fusion one-piece alloy. He really liked the axe handle, but within two weeks, the end of the bat showed signed of separating. This isn't a normal end-cap, it's a 3" carbon fiber piece fused to the end of an alloy bat. Not a good start, but Axe did replace the bat. Within another couple of weeks, the carbon fiber end piece on the second bat gets smashed in from a ball off the end of the bat. At this point I'm really unhappy and I want a refund. This end piece design is obviously flawed. Axe refused to refund my money (passed the 30 day free trial) and would only offer a different model replacement bat. They didn't have another one-piece alloy, so he went with a two-piece model with an alloy barrel. Son didn't like that model because it's more end-loaded, so I'm stuck with it. Bottom line: Bat design was sub-par. Customer service was just barely ok. My advice to Axe would be to just license the handle to bat makers who know what they're doing.

For Sale: barely used 33" 2019 Elite Hybrid BBCOR - Pro Axe Handle (L130G-BJ)

PM me if interested after this glowing review.