Skip to main content

Reply to "AZ Community Colleges"

I think if you're trying to play pro ball, and if you go to juco, you'll be eligible for the draft every year even your freshman year (however, most people that get drafted out of juco gets drafted in their sophomore year), but, it still can happen (Bryce Harper). If you decide to go to a four year school, you can't get drafted until after your junior year. So in my opinion, it's all about perspective. If you're trying to play pro ball, go to a good juco. Even if that doesn't work out, after your two years at the juco, you can still transfer to a four-year school and build your draft stock there. If you want a good education, and want that D1 "big man on campus" feeling, then go to a four year.

And that's one of the disadvantages of AZ. So many good baseball players here, and only 3 four-year schools that offer baseball. So of course every junior college here is going to be completely overcrowded come fall baseball. At least it's not like 10 years ago, where every pitcher could throw 90+ and teams had enough talent to be able to beat/compete with even the elite D1 teams. Not sure so much anymore, but back when ASU and UofA would over-recruit, they sent all the kids that didn't make those teams to jucos (Andre Ethier, being an example). I'm kinda glad they don't do that anymore and I would've hated to be a hitter back then. AZ jucos still has a handful of solid pitchers throwing 90+, but the quantity is definitely a lot lower.

Just my opinion.