Skip to main content

Reply to "AZ Fall Classic Junior/Senior All Academic Game"

I thought I would revive a thread like this instead of creating a new one or hijacking others.  IMHO this is one of the better showcase game for those who qualify.  As stated above there is a minimum GPA, SAT/ACT to even be considered.  My son participated in the Jr, made the team and did well in the game.  Basically breaks down as 1/2 day tryout by position (have maybe 15-20 balls, throws, bats) and the results are announced later that day.  Evening game follows.  What makes this different is it is only for non-committed players, who have good grades.  Scouts love these type since hopefully will have little academic trouble in college, and are available.  Also equally important is the possibility of finding academic money instead of using athletic money.  I estimate there must have been 200 plus  visible scouts in attendance (all seated behind home), some D1, mostly D2, D3, NAIA, etc.  Son did pretty good, after the game within 2 hours there were either phone messages or texts from maybe 15 schools, and after a month maybe another couple dozen.  The tryouts are pretty intense in that there were many players trying out for maybe 25-30 spots each team.  It did open the door though to many D2/D3 contacts.   Link below:

https://azfallclassic.com/junior-all-academic-game/

Last edited by Trust In Him