Skip to main content

Reply to "AZ Fall Classic Junior/Senior All Academic Game"

My son played in this over 5 years ago.  Good exposure, received many contacts from coaches.  Website says announcement will be made before Sept 15.  From what I remember it was right around the cut-off time for applications.  A few things to note.  Make hotel reservations asap since they fill up quickly (if not already) and get more expensive the closer to the date.  You can always cancel.  I want to say about 125 - 150 players tried out (last number on someone's back was close to 150 I think).  Infielders be prepared to take balls from shortstop position, moving laterally left, right, and forward.  Those who are predominately 3rd basemen and not used to moving laterally had some trouble (a few of son's friends).  1st basemen you stayed at the bag.  Outfielders tried out from center field.   Actual tryout was quick (maybe 6-8 balls, 10-15 balls pitched for hitting), timed running, etc.  The waiting around took a long time with so many players, even though in groups.  Those who made the team are posted a few hours after tryouts end, game later that evening. Position players played every other inning so maybe 3 or 4 total innings/player, pitchers pitched one inning.  As I said, a few years ago so maybe format changed.  If your son makes it and does well it will open up many contacts and inquiries.  Have fun and best of luck!