Skip to main content

Reply to "."

Thanks buddy. It's certainly not billed as just a D1 event.  Doesnt change that the kid was flat out dirty and no one saw him. Son asked him for story after he saw the stuff.  Throws upto 88.  Coming back from a leg injury.  Im sure he wrote a bunch of coaches in advance.

My son tore his MCL and PCL in his first post junior year travel game. He missed the entire summer. Before his injury he was expecting early summer D1 offers. With the help of his travel coach reporting his recovery to a couple of colleges he was on their hot list it all worked out. As a ‘23 your son still has his post junior summer to be seen. It should all work out for him.

An issue on the west coast is there are far more potential D1 players than roster opportunities. It makes the challenge of staying out west challenging. Add in he’s smaller and it’s an added challenge.

If I remember correctly your son is strong academically. There’s still time for mid major HA D1’s. For HA D3’s the game is just getting started.

From experience I learned injuries during the recruiting process can be unnerving. My son taught me you get what you want if you’re determined and don’t give up. Following his journey I’ve seen kids survive injuries in person and here on this site.

Your son should be fine. Good luck.

Last edited by RJM