Skip to main content

Reply to "Back foot drag, good or bad?"

nc, I know you did, and it's always interesting to me to gauge how different baseball people respond to the idea of coaches whose teaching/research continues to evolve. Some appear to think that continued study and evolving ideas are a sign of integrity, while some see it just the opposite.

TG2 is also referring to House in his latest post, and I was just trying to respond to some of his remarks...

quote:
quote:
It doesn't matter what shape the dragline is, straight line, arc, zig-zag, etc....they're all fine. What does matter is that the dragline should end on a line middle-of-rubber to middle-of-homeplate.

Yet elsewhere we read by the same theorist:

quote:
Measuring the progression of the posting foot from the rubber in distance and direction will tell you how sound a pitcher's mechanics are. Short or crooked draglines indicate bad posture, inappropriate weight shift, and/or premature rotation. The longer the back foot stays on the ground and the straighter his drag foot line, the better his mechanics.

http://www.pitchingperfect.com/files/Glass_Wall.htm

So…. is drag theory still evolving, has the research been completed, or are we joining the chase for another wild one of these?