Skip to main content

Reply to "Back foot drag, good or bad?"

quote:
Originally posted by Fred Corral:
I have brought about this thread from the past because I recently made an updated video about this that I placed on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUDQqM3PNs

The last reply was a year and a half ago and still the topic of importance or non importance lingers.
I hope this brings about a simplistic thought about the drag line.

Leonardo Da Vinci once said that "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." I wasn't there when he said it, but I understand exactly what he meant by it. Why can't we look at things in a simple matter? Why is simplicity so tough? You don't buy simple stuff because it doesnt cost anything. Things have to be complex. With complexity there is challenge. We pay big bucks for complexity. Simplicity doesn't sell. If it is simple, we feel like meatheads. Why can't we look at things and go "I understand, move forward."

Example: Diet books and diet pills make tons and tons of money. Why? Because hearing that you need to exercise more than you eat is too simple of a concept. Burn more calories by getting off your tail than take in and you will not become obese? How much for that info?

Oh well, I will get off my soap box. Hope the video brings about simplicity and interaction pertaining to the actions of the back foot and the great inforamtion it can bring about by watching the path it takes, either on the ground or in the air.

In air or on ground is irrelevant because it occurs after stride foot plant. If it occurs before stride foot plant, it is the result of an enormous amount of drive and desire for greater stride length.

Wow, learn something new everyday. I watched the video you posted and then went and watched some video of my son pitching. I knew he had a drag line but was wholly unaware that he was making that little checkmark mark with the foot first going one direction and then going the opposite direction after the foot rolled over and into lift-off.

Thanks a bunch. I went back and read the whole thread and your video kind of brought it all together. Thanks.