Skip to main content

Reply to "Back Spin"

quote:
And another question, whether swinging down or up at the ball.... do you want the hit to have backspin? My son has been taught to hit the bottom half of the ball to generate backspin. Is this correct?

Well Well. Beezer. My 1st post. I learned of this site from Steve E. He called and asked me if I was someone on this site already. I didn't know what he was talking about. So I have been just reading post.

Beezer......what you wanta do is center the ball. Hit the ball in the center of the ball and with the center of the bat.

If your swing is correct and your barrel is flat through the zone, much like what Vance said, with the barrel behind the hands and in that path. Then you will have the best chance to do that. Back spin is a by product of a lofted ball that will carry and sometimes for hoemruns. But it is also will result with having good line drives and very hard hit groundballs. You can have backspin with all those balls. Not just a ball in the air.

Your goal should be to center the ball with every swing of the bat. Hit the ball square.

Hope that helps.