Skip to main content

Reply to "Bad habit with scoring App."

I have always enjoyed trading thoughts with you and I think you are onto something about every PA being a separate record.  Just curious, what happens if your coach changes pitchers mid-batter?

As you may remember, my experience came from Gamechanger which I liked, but I think lacks many of the stats you track (or maybe they have them but you can't get to them).  I enjoyed toying around with moving from paper to electronic.  And I learned the hard way about operator error, as well as, the prospects of dealing with the elements built into the software that I could not control.  

And then there is Fed.....the IBB rule was challenging (GC does not handle it unless the latest release fixed that), the re-entry, the DH, etc.  And when a coach is lax about announcing subs, bedlam starts.

I wish you well.  I know you have a ton of pride put into that system.  Good luck!

One last question, I noticed that my son's college team tracks every pitch for type, location, and speed (radar gun)....just wondering if you have built that into your system?  Of if you plan to?  Of if there is a way that you could track and merge using two computers?  Now there is a dilemma.   I can only imagine how many statistics and trends you could track with that information (1st pitch FB strike vs non-FB?, speed variance of 1st pitch strike?).  Uh oh....maybe I opened a can of worms?