Skip to main content

Reply to "Bad player behavior starting in high school?"

@TxballDad posted:

Only saw bad behavior from 1 team during the high school season. Ump let it last about 2 innings and the dugout got a warning (Cheer on your team, but there will be no comments directed at the other team). However, there were a lot of teams with really bad fans. If I was a player and those were my fans I would be embarrassed.

Travel ball this season, there has not been much of anything. If a comment goes out towards another team the Umps have jumped on it quickly and it is nipped in the bud.

Travel ball always seems to be 100x more chill than high school ball.  That being said, we had a team in a local tournament 2 weeks ago who were very interesting.  One kid got tossed for bulldogging our catcher. Their asst coach came out to yell at the catcher after.  Their parents were acting like it was game 7 of the WS in the first inning of a random pool game.  The head coach spent most of the game apologizing to our coach when he was supposed to be coaching 3rd saying, "That's not who we are or how we coach." lol