Skip to main content

Reply to "Baptisms and Burials on a Ballfield"

Interesting . . .  My son renewed his faith by being baptized (again - he was baptized as a child) on his school's baseball field this week along with three other teammates.  When I asked him about it, he said that he wanted to renew faith for himself, and he hoped that doing it in front of many of his teammates would inspire others to do the same.  Why the baseball field? He replied that is where he makes the most impact and has a leadership role, so why not incorporate faith into it and hopefully impact others in that way.

At this point, he will do what he will do on the baseball field, and I will be "proud pappa" and cheer him on all the way, whether it stops at the college level or continues, but this was, besides his birth, the most special day of his life to me.  I am just sorry that I was not there to witness it in person, though he sent me video and pics directly afterwards.  He is on his own, at college, playing ball with all that comes with that, and to see him put faith at the forefront of his life . . . well, there is simply not much more that I, as a parent, can ask for.   

Last edited by Bulldog