Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Comparisons to Lebron James"

quote:
Originally posted by zombywoof:
Before LeBron James gets mentioned in any breath, let him win a championship or two before making him the messiah. So far, he's proven he can't win the big one. The great ones do.

zombywoof - you made a great point and my apologies for taking issue with it.

I am shocked at how badly LeBron emotionally checked out in this series. Me and lots of people from Cleveland believe he already knows he was leaving and he no longer wanted to commit to his team. He says he is the leader but that was the last thing he showed in this series. Emotionally detached is not something I would ever expect to see from him and I have seen most of his games including high school.

We are losers here in Cleveland. Our failures are well-known from burning rivers to defaults. Our sports miseries are labeled including red-right 88 (mvp Brian Sipe interception to the Raiders), the Drive (John Elway 1st and 98), The Fumble (Ernest Byner against the Broncos), and the Shot (Michael Jordon over Craig Ehlo). We also were three outs away from winning the World Series in 97 against the expansion Marlins but Jose Mesa couldn't close the door. We have not won a sports championship (Browns) since 1964 and everyone thought this was our year. Now we have a new one to add to the list. I'll call it "The Departure." Remember you heard it here first Frown