Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Factory Tryout - age: almost 12"

I too think these numbers are a bit low.  I certainly don't see 75-80 as an AVERAGE on the mound like caco but none the less these numbers are low.  And a 61 exit velo in 8th grade would get you cut!  So I also am not sure how they arrived at these numbers.   But suddenly I am beginning to think I may be sane in the eyes of the old timers here after all!  It amazes me how many people do showcases and events so early.  Those who have had discussions with me before on here know I am a live and let live guy so i don't have an issue with it.  Its just not for me.  I have had in my head after freshman year for 2020.  And I think that remains unchanged.  And if his numbers aren't where they need to be by then maybe after soph year.  And if his numbers still aren't there....  never?  Time to pursue other things?  Let's face it with radar guns and stopwatches readily available nobody really needs to do an event for 'evaluation' purposes.  I always know where my son stands and so does he.  When (and if) he has numbers that will get him recruited then its off to the showcase.  Til then he will keep on working.