Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Heaven travel tips"

We usually take the ferry as a team, it is a fun way to get in the spirit of things. Driving around NYC and onto Long Island traffic is just the pits, I did it too many years, you can never predict it.

Port Jeff is lovely, so if it is a good time for you to do so, stop for lunch. And, I have to put a plug in for my hometown. If you want the most scenic town on the South Shore, go visit Sayville! Fairly close to BH main facility and to most of those hotels.

It is so quaint and a throwback to the 1950s on Main Street....nice shopping and places to eat and drink.

Beaches on the South Shore of LI rival anything you have up on the cape! But we never seem to have time to get to the beach when we do BH. Fire Island beaches (via Ferry), or Smith's Point which is right down the road from one of the field complex in Moriches, I believe. If you can go a day early or leave day late, its a nice family place. (well, with a few exceptions on Fire Island but this isn't the forum for that!!)

Talking about BH is getting me very anxious for baseball season. High school cuts are happening as I write this, so hopefully that means we'll be playing soon (that is, if today's snow melts!)

Hope nobody minded the "Long Island Chamber of Commerce" commercial!