Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball in 15 - 2O years."

real green posted:
Teaching Elder posted:

Building off of the Perfect Game debate, how do you think the future dad's, the ones who did years of travel ball and high school travel teams, many of whom never saw a college coach scout a single game they played in, will view things?  What's their enthusiam and optimism going to be like?  Will leagues and schools still be as popular? Are they a little jaded?

I think it's really unfortunate that youth baseball (<18) has turned away from just a fun game to how to get recruited.  Today everything is geared towards trying to get recruited which I think takes a bit away from the fun of the game.  

I would like to see a shift back to, go have fun, work hard to be the best you can be for your team, if you are blessed with enough talent, you will get an opportunity to play next year.  

Today's mentality is much more about getting better to help yourself.  

I see lots of kids having fun playing baseball. Just about all of them. Lots. I’m having fun. I see lots of other parents having fun. But not all. Some are worked up about the recruiting part a little too much. I tend to stay away from those. 

But maybe it’s just me. Lemmee turn on the news so someone can remind how unhappy I should be.